I am assistant Professor at the Nice Sophia Antipolis University. I received a graduate degree in Environmental sciences from the University of Genova, and a Ph.D. in Marine Science from the same University. I worked in UK, Spain, Italy and France, where I had the present position in 2009. Since 2007 I contributed to more than 30 peer-reviewed papers on international journals and to 7 other publications.
My research focuses on marine ecosystems (and in particular of the large brown seaweeds forests):
- Biodiversity, Conservation, Ecological status,
- Consequences of cumulated human activities: direct and indirect effects and their interactions,
- Recovery and ecological restoration,
- Benthic harmful microalgal blooms – HABs (Ostreopsis).
- I participated, coordinated or have been PI in more than 10 research programs (local, national and international).
AFRIMED: "Algal Forest Restoration In the MEDiterranean Sea", European funding.